Wing Commander Sultana Sohely Sarmin, Legal
General Studies & Management Training Department
Objectives of GSMTD and Edn Instr Trade
Bangladesh Air Force is a highly technical, sophisticated modern defense force. ATI BAF plays a very vital role to establish a well-trained and skilled Air Force by using modern technology. Every year, ATI BAF supplies a large number of skilled and trained airmen to meet the increasing demand in different levels of BAF through training. General Studies & Management Training Department (GSMTD) is one of the important departments of ATI BAF that conducts classes on different general subjects in different levels of training like Pre-Trade Allocation Training (PTAT), Trade Training Basic (TTB) & Trade Training Advance (TTA). To make airmen professionally trained and skilled GSMTD conducts “Management course”, “Basic Instructors’ Course (BIC)” and “Junior Commissioned Officer’s (JCO’s) Course”. It conducts initial training of “Education Instructor’s Course” and “Cypher Assistant Course” also. To maintain instructor’s quality in an expected standard GSMTD conducts model lecture program in ATI BAF and annual categorization lecture program in different training institutes of BAF including ATI BAF. Along with academic subjects, GSMTD impart practical knowledge on Physics & Chemistry to the trainees of PTAT, TTB & TTA by its two laboratories (Physics & Chemistry). Debate program of TTA trainees is also conducted by GSMTD as an extra-curricular activity. To meet the demand of acquiring knowledge of trainees and instructors GSMTD run an enriched library with 7000 books.
- To increase skills of the trainees by imparting knowledge on different aspects.
- To find out and review the weak areas of the trainees and to take effective measure to remove the same.
- To provide necessary educational support to all the Dept of ATI.
- To stimulate the minds, actions and practical life of the trainees to establish moral, humanitarian, cultural, scientific and social valves in the individual and national life.
- To give due importance to information Technology and other related (Math, Science & English) education for building knowledge based and IT based digital Bangladesh Air Force.
Activities of GSMTD
- Round the year GSMTD conducts and supervises PTAT, TTB, TTA, Management, BIC, JCOs’ and Education Instructor & Cy Asst courses followed by passing out ceremony.
- ATI magazine ‘Bihongo’ is published every year by the keen initiative of GSMTD.
- Every year GSMTD arrange debate competition and take necessary steps for publishing wall magazine.
- For different programs GSMTD prepare brochure, commentary and speech for the chief guest.
- GSMTD arranges model lecture program for every week and categorization lecture program every year.
- GSMTD reviews the weak areas of the trainees and to take effective measure to remove the same.
- GSMTD review revision and updating of syllabi and precis of PTAT, TTB, TTA, Management, BIC, JCOs and Education Instructor & Cy Asst courses as per directives of Air HQ.
- GSMTD conducts moral and ethics classes to build up moral and ethical values of the trainees.